2021 Ram 1500 TRX Review
Many already know that this new truck from Ram is nothing short of a beast! Coming in with 702 horses under the hood and an 8-speed automatic there is no wonder that these trucks are being bought like hotcakes. It seems that most people are wondering if the 2021 Ram TRX is worth the $70,000+ price tag
Let’s start with the cons to get that out of the way.
- First, the Truck is coming in with a staggering weight of 6,350lb so it’s a big boy, and to carry this heavyweight they have put a 16-valve V8 with 702 hp. With that type of weight and engine, you should expect the truck to guzzle rather than even just drink gas. Most have only recorded around 8-9mpg on the city and 10-13 on the freeway. If it is used more for fun having rather than a daily this wont be such a worry. But still, it is considered a con since it won’t be saving your wallet on gas.
- Now let’s get to the body of the car. With it housing a V8 and 35-inch tires this big boy has to be wide and that is where the negative comes in to play you will have to be cramming into parking spots. You might also find that drive-thru's are not very TRX friendly either. And overall just making the daily tasks a bit more difficult than they should be.
- And lastly, you are paying for all the neat things that come available. The base price comes in just under $70K but for you to get all the awesome gadgets and tech you are going to be paying a pretty penny. Most have come out to be around 90,000.
Now let’s go to the fun part which is the Pros of this beast.
- First off you are getting a 702 horsepower truck there is nothing like this in the production line you are most likely a one-of-a-kind on the road unless there is another TRX on your road.
- They did not take any shortcuts with this vehicle the suspension on this truck is amazing! The independent front suspension with upper and lower control arms along with the rear being equipped with a five-link coil-spring suspension setup makes this a nice ride whether on the road or off.
- And now let’s talk about the comfort of this vehicle for it to be how wide it is it sure does use the real estate well. And what that means is that there is lots of leg room. It is comfy for your long rides in the dunes or trails. RAM didn't take any shortcuts when it came to comfort.
- It can take on anything that is thrown at it. The power and suspension make the dunes or high speed trails no problem for this truck. With the amount of power this truck has under the hood and innovative suspension that is holding it all together it is no wonder that this beast can handle all that.
- And the best pro is that Rokblokz will have mud flaps made for the TRX so you can make sure that your new truck would not get hit by rocks that would chip at your paint.
Overall we love the new truck that Ram came out with even if you are a hardcore Ford or Toyota fan or whichever brand you associate with. There is no denying that this is one amazing truck. What the TRX does is make other manufactures step it up which in return allows us, consumers, to benefit. So if you are in the market for a truck that just can take on anything this is the truck for you.
Follow Rokblokz to get the latest on any upcoming car truck or UTV info as well visit our store for the best and most premium mud flaps in the market. Stay tuned for the TRX mud flaps.